Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Point of this Blog

Right now I am writing my first novel, it is called the Bang. It is about a man who is haunted by a loud banging noise at set increments, and his quest to deduce the cause. I enjoy writing it and have high hopes for it.

The trouble is, I work full time and the only time I really get a chance to write is on my lunch break, with a coffee and cigarette; or occasionally after work.
Suffice to say I do not write an awful lot during the week.
I have recently been working on my novel whilst at lunch but I often find it hard to get the prose 'right' in such a short amount of time. I write a little, go back to work, and when I review what I have written that day I find most of it unusable.
I suspect this is because writing is heavily predicated on mood, and whatever has been going on at work on any one day will dictate the tone of my writing.

But I enjoy writing on my lunch break, I find it helps level me. With that in mind, I have decided a different approach is necessary. I will write whatever I like on my lunch breaks - short stories, snippets of longer stories, musings etc., and work on my novel on weekends or whenever I get the chance.

I have re-purposed this blog (which had been dead for a while) as a platform for whatever I write during the  day, in the hope that someone will read it (and comment). I crave feedback as writing is lonely.

I may also include excerpts of the Bang, if I find any part of it to have particular merit.

I plan to update this blog daily, five days a week. Obviously this will most likely not happen with such stringent regularity, but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment